Monday, February 05, 2007

Met Peter O'Toole Today!

That's the inside of my copy of Peter O'Toole's autobiography that I got signed today! That's volume two. He also signed the first volume, LOITERING WITH INTENT: THE CHILD, as well as a LORD JIM movie poster. Three items signed by an acting legend!

A famous shot from LAWRENCE OF ARABIA (1962).
O'Toole at age 30

I was able to meet O'Toole at the Academy Awards Nominee's Luncheon at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills today. For those who know me, you know what a big deal this is. I've been watching O'Toole's films every since my Uncle John started showing them to me when I was 10 years old. I was able to tell O'Toole that as well as tell him that I just watched LORD JIM with my 10-year old son for the first time two days ago.

Here's a shot of O'Toole from today when I met him.
February 5, 2007
O'Toole at age 74


Peter O'Toole is 74 years old now and I was beginning to think I'd never actually get his autograph for my collection. Indeed, today in the lobby of the Hilton, he only signed for me. A large group of "sellers" were begging him to come to the rope to sign for them, but he didn't. In one of my finer laudatory moments, I completely sweet-talked O'Toole in such a fashion that he came over to me and signed three of my items with his own green pen! What a day!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

I am really stoked for you Doah. I know how big it was for you and I'm smiling ear to ear after hearing about it.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Kanani said...

That's incredible. I'm sure you'll always recollect this with great fondness, and deservedly so.
Well done!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Sharon G said...

Nice...what is better you ASKED!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Did you notice if O'Toole used his right hand or his left hand. He commented in his autobiography that he was naturally left-handed but the nuns beat him into using his right hand. But he may have still been left-handed or possibly ambidextrous. Just curious. Yours,

8:48 PM  
Blogger Doah said...

I believe he used his right hand.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home