Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"Diane, Let's Pre-Order This"



It's a happy day for Doah! I just received my e-mail alert from Amazon.com that TWIN PEAKS: SEASON TWO is available for pre-order now. The long awaited DVD set will finally be released on April 10, 2007!

Definitely in the running as one of the greatest TV shows of all time, this David Lynch masterpiece ran from 1990 to 1991 and those of us who lived from week-to-week for the next installment during it's first run, have wanted all 30 episodes available on DVD for quite some time now. It looks like it is finally going to happen!

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but for us TWIN PEAKS fanantics, it's more than a big deal. You see I have the season one box set. That came out six years ago in December, 2001. With only four discs, it contains only the first seven episodes. There were only two seasons so this next six-disc set will have the remaining 23 episodes!

Think of my poor wife: she has only seen the first seven episodes. The last thing Chrisy saw was Cooper getting shot three times at the Great Northern! I cannot imagine wondering: "Who did it?" and "Will he live?" This, of course, is wonderful for me, because watching season two with a newbie will bring a whole other really cool dimension to my viewing, sort of like bringing an E-Street-virgin to a Springsteen show!

The amazing thing is that TWIN PEAKS is actually only the second favorite of my Top Ten Television Shows. My first all-time favorite, PICKET FENCES (1992-1996), has never been released on DVD. Until now! That's right, David E. Kelley's gem is coming out in February. Cool year for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home