Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On

That sure was exciting yesterday. We had a moderate earthquake here in the greater Los Angeles basin! I heard they downgraded it from a 5.8 to a 5.4 though. I was at work when it occured at 11:42 in the morning. The epicenter was located in Chino Hills which is only about 16 miles from the school I work at in Santa Ana. Of course, being at an elementary school, we had to have the students get down under the desk and all that. Some of the parents chose to come pick-up their kids early too. I've gotten to where earthquakes don't scare me too much, but of course now we're all thinking about the so-called "Big One" again. So, did you feel it?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon G said...

So have never gotten scared...until yesterday. When I heard the size, I also thought, what a baby I was.

I was at home on the 2nd story. I contemplated running down the stairs. But then I saw the huge plate glass windows and thought I would be better where I was at.

I think the reason it scared me was I felt trapped. Let's just say I was happy when it was over and I was able to talk to my family and make sure they were all OK.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

I'm gonna rock your world baby!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Jon Hall said...

felt like a small rumble from where we were in the desert.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home