Monday, July 14, 2008

Any Given Day

Absentmindedly I wandered
Through an hour
Throughout the days
Over the years
Clueless to what was important
I obsessed over crumbs while
My children pined
For boardgames and family night
Forgetting my neighbor's occupation
I moved on to more important things
Software updates
A spotless car
Clearly, managing finances
Would take me far
I busily checked off my
Grocery list while sprinting
Past Jesus panhandling at the
Exit of the store
Then it hit me as the
Doctor yelled, "Clear!"
I realized my worst fear
Rearranging deck chairs on
On the Titanic
My life had been wasted

--Shenandoah Lynd

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon Hall said...

Great read Doah. This line though really nailed me:

"I busily checked off my
Grocery list while sprinting
Past Jesus panhandling at the
Exit of the store"

Convicting words my friend. Convicting words.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home