Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oscar Nominations!


I can't remember back far enough to a time that I was more excited about the Academy Award nominations. This morning they were announced and I'm jazzed because this year I can actually pull for something. Why the excitement? One word: JUNO.
That the movie would be up for best original screenplay was a given. It is. So, then, I would have been happy with a best leading actress nomination for Ellen Page for playing the title character. She's up. But, to have Jason Reitman up for best director, what a joy. Then, the shock of all shocks: it's up for best motion picture of the year too! Amazing. A small wonderful film like this up against the big boys! Way to go Academy! Very pleased. Very pleased.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

I knew you would like JUNO and I'm thrilled you are behind it as much as you are! It feels good to reccomend a film to the ultimate film buff!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Oh1 And I am stoked to see it get as many noms as it did! Best Picture?? Didn't expect it! Worthy? Definitely.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home