Saturday, July 08, 2006

Loose Tongue: Bible/Song Meld, part 3

Here is a bit of scripture that came up today as well as a song that has been on my mind and in my ears.

My dear brothers and sisters,
be quick to listen,

slow to speak,
and slow to get angry.

Remember my loose tongue

Forget what I just said
I'd crawl over broken glass
If we could start again
Before our plans were made
When the world was young
The house is falling down
Because of my loose tongue

Shouldn't say so much
Shouldn't talk so loud
No sooner on your lips
Than it's all over town
In all our given days
How many gone to waste
A good man has been hung
Because of my loose tongue

Your skin is changing its hue
Your guard is coming down fast
Looks like someone I knew
Uncovered happiness at last

All the wagging tongues
Too much information
In the future now
Under massive doubt
The papers on the street
Get trampled under feet
And they settled for princely sum
Goodwill is coming down
And when it rains
Your well is full

The song, in italics, is Neil Finn's "Loose Tongue"
from TRY WHISTLING THIS (Work/Parlophone, 1998);
the Bible passage, in bold, is James 1:19 (New Living Translation).

If interested:
Bible/Song Meld, part 1
Bible/Song Meld, part 2

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home