Thursday, December 27, 2007

"Poor Man"

This song "How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live" is so amazing. You'll have to get through the introduction as the song starts at around the 2 minute mark. This was shot at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles on the night I was there, June 5, 2006. What a party that was! My favorite part of this song comes around 4:40 with this line:

"I ain't got no home in this world no more
Gonna be a judgment that's a fact,
a righteous train rollin' down this track!"

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon Hall said...

This was a powerful song that night at the Greek, Doah. It had been over 20 years since my last Springsteen concert (an amazing discovery - that you and I were both there as well, at he Coiseum in '84!). I hadn't been much of the fan since then, but that night in SUmmer '06 at the Greek changed that for me.

And this song in particular was amazing. The crowd, the music and Springsteen's ability to cut to the heart of the matter with story and song made a lasting impression on me.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Doah said...

Yea man, I agree! I can't believe somebody Youtubed the song from our night in LA with the Seeger Sessions Band. To be honest, I wasn't too pumped because he was without The E Street Band and nothing could have prepared me for the joy of that night with those amazing players having a party on stage. You've got to hear "Live In Dublin with The Sessions Band" which came out last year, it's a great live 2-disc recording of that same tour.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home