Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving addendum

Since Thursday I found two more things that I am truly thankful for. See, Friday Chrisy and the kids and I went shopping at Kohls and today we went to church. The latter brought about peace, and the former, well, didn't.

First, I'm so very thankful for my church, terranova. This morning the final song our church band played was "Folsom Prison Blues." I got to thinking . . . Hmmm, across this great nation of ours I wonder how many churches had somebody uttering the phrase, "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die" from their stage?

Second, I'm thankful that I don't work retail.

And, why would my church play that Johnny Cash song? Who knows? Presumably just because Johnny Cash is evidence that there is a God.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon Hall said...

Amen.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home