Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Today I am truly trying to think about what this day is set aside for: giving thanks. I am most thankful today for my salvation: the love of God and the gift of Jesus. Second, I am thankful for my sobriety: I so prefer being able to feel to being numb. Third, I am bursting with thanks for my wife and four children: Chrisy, Max, Wes, Zoey, & Kasey! Additionally, I am overwhelmed with grattitude for my church, Canyon Hills Church, and all the people that are a part of that community: I cannot imagine doing life outside a church. Also, I'm truly thankful for all the people in my life: people rule! If you're reading this post, you're one of the people I'm talking about: extended family, friends, neighbors, my kids teachers, & co-workers. Finally, I am truly thankful for where I live: all the trees and wildlife that line the streets. I thought about this as I was jogging this morning in shorts: I love California. Moreover, we have so much in the United States of America: blessings beyond all reason. It reminds me of a U2 lyric: "Freedom has a scent, like the top of a new born baby's head."

I am oh-so-thankful for God's living Word:

"You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever!"

--Psalm 30:11-12

Happy Thanksgiving Day to you!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home