Monday, May 01, 2006

First Full Day in South Africa

It felt really good to turn the calendar over to a new month today. It's nice to see a "1" there in the box so now I can clearly see it's only 15 days until Chrisy comes home.

I got an e-mail from Chrisy today. She said she was very excited because they were off on their first outing today. Afterall, this is their first full day in South Africa. She also told me that she had slept really well on Sunday night and felt much better.

On their agenda today was the commissioning of the Road Trip. I also believe their first outing today was city tour of Pretoria (also known as Tshwane) which sould be very interesting and informative. The photo I've included is a random shot of Pretoria that I found. I am very anxious to hear what exactly the commissioning involved.

Some of you have asked me, "What exactly will Chrisy be doing there?" Here's a quick rundown of their proposed schedule while they are there:

Monday, May 1--Road Trip Commissing and Pretoria City Tour
Tuesday, May 2--Cradle of Humankind Sterkfontein Caves and Timelines
Wednesday, May 3--Soshonguve Township Tour and Home of Joy
Thursday, May 4--Home of Joy Service Project
Friday, May 5--Home of Joy Service Project
Saturday, May 6--Hartebeespoort Dam and Souvenior Shopping
Sunday, May 7--Beulah Township Church and Community Braai

Monday, May 8--Pangani Service/Work Project and Tutela Service Project
Tuesday, May 9--Pangani Service/Work Project and Tutela Service Project
Wednesday, May 10--Apartheid Museum and Soweto Township Tour
Thursday, May 11--Pilanesburg Game Reserve and Camp Out
Friday, May 12--Pilanesburg Game Reserve and Community Game Night at Pangani
Saturday, May 13--Championship Soccer Game and Celebration Dinner
Sunday, May 14--Commissioning and Leave for U.S.A. (Chrisy's plane takes off at 7:30 p.m.)

Of course, I don't know what all of these things mean. I just took them off the Fraserworld website. I look forward to hearing more about all this just like you.

Finally, if you're reading this I ask that you would please lift my wife up in prayer. Please pray that she really meets God on this trip and that he will reveal his will to her and that she can see herself as he sees her. Pray for me and my family. You can pray that I have a tireless energy please.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home