Sunday, April 09, 2006

David Crowder


It's taken me awhile to "get into" Christian music. Most of the stuff that moves me is secular. But, now I've really come to appreciate the David Crowder Band. I love his writing. His current album, A COLLISION, is really good. One of the songs I love is "Here Is Our King" because its lyrics totally capture why I am a Christ follower:

"And what was said to the rose
To make it unfold
Was said to me here in my chest
So be quiet now and rest . . . .
Here is our King
Here is our Love
Here is our God who's come
To bring us back to Him"

It captures the change within me. It moves me. Plus, the last part is what Christianity is really all about: reconciliation!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Part of the appeal of secular music can be it's ambiguity. Some writers are more ambiguous than others, clearly. But such bands as U2 and Neil Finn don't have to wear their religion/spirtuality on their sleeve. They leave room for the listener to pull from it what they will. As much as that might bring in more listeners it also can make the music more personal to us. It makes the music more poinient to us even though it might have nothing to do with the actual reason or emotion the artist wrote the song about. Which is why some songwriters refuse to explain there songs. I personally don't agree with that. I think there is room for both my connection to the song and the artists.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home