Thursday, February 21, 2008

music as necessity

Man, I found a quote that totally resonates with me. A long time ago I put up a post called The Way Starbucks Sees It. Well, this is another quote from a Starbucks cup, The Way I See It #267:


"Music can lift us out of depression or move us to tears--it is a remedy, a tonic, orange juice for the ear. But for many of my neurological patients, music is even more--it can provide access, even when no medication can, to movement, to speech, to life. For them, music is not a luxury, but a necessity."
--Oliver Sacks

author of "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat" and "Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain."

So, here is the line that I really "get" in the core of my being: MUSIC CAN PROVIDE ACCESS TO LIFE.

Is anybody alive out there? Yes, indeed!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home