Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Badlands

Man, I just can't help it, gotta talk Springsteen. Listening to the album DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN this morning and the opening track is so amazing. I just want to tell you all that I really feel these lyrics:

"I don't give a damn,
for the same old played out scenes,
I don't give a damn,
for just the in betweens,
Honey, I want the heart, I want the soul,
I want control right now
Talk about a dream,
try to make it real
You wake up in the night,
with a fear so real,
Spend your life waiting,
for a moment that just don't come,
Well, don't waste your time waiting"

--Bruce Springsteen's "Badlands"

Those are some great lyrics! But, let me tell you something: If you like Rock 'n' Roll, you would be hard pressed to find more of a quad-shot-powerhouse of rock than the first four songs off DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN. After those four songs knock you in the gut then you get pure poetry.

I had my quiet time this morning, read out of Hebrews and it was good, but on this Tuesday morning God used this Springsteen album to touch my soul more than anything else. I'm so thankful that God knit me together in such a way that music really touches my soul.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home