Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Summing Things Up

I'm held up in my classroom right now, overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to do. This was one crazy day, a true whirlwind, testing, formal observation by my principal, I've got only 25 minutes to tie up my lose ends before I have to bring in students for the after-school program I teach. And, I've got a staff meeting at church before it's all over. I had to reduce my stress somehow so I've thrown on BORN TO RUN and I've got it blasting in my classroom.

I think I've actually taken this record for granted. In particular, the title track is pure genius. Honestly, I think this one line may sum-up all of what rock 'n' roll is about and maybe life in general:

Will you walk with me out on the wire
'Cause baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider
But I gotta know how it feels
I want to know if love is wild
girl I want to know if love is real


Well, at least I feel better now. It's hard for me to believe this record is 32 years old. Thank God for music.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home