Sunday, March 19, 2006

Not Ready To Make Nice


I just heard the new Dixie Chicks single for the first time. It's a response to all the flack Natalie got when she made one comment about the president. Here is a bit of the lyrics:

"It's a sad sad story when a mother will teach her Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger And how in the world can the words that I said Send somebody so over the edge That they'd write me a letter Sayin' that I better shut up and sing Or my life will be over"

The way I see it, it's really a cry for tollerance of viewpoints. I've read interviews about some of the hatemail they received. The song got me thinking about the folks who wrote those letters. They're country music fans, so there's a good chance they are Republicans. It follows many of them call themselves Christians. Chances are probably some of the folks that actually threatened her life consider themselves Christians. Sort of flies in the face of Jesus' teachings wouldn't you say?

The chorus says, "I'm not ready to make nice, I'm not ready to back down, I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time to go round and round and round, It's too late to make it right, I probably wouldn't if I could . . . ."

I've always liked feisty women. I really like the song.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your points. More importantly, how amazing is that picture? :)

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home