Sunday, February 08, 2009

Best Picture Nominees 2008

As is my tradition, I have finished viewing all five of the nominations for the Academy Award category, Best Motion Picture of the Year. This is in no way a prediction of who the Oscar will go to, but I would like to rank the five films in the order that I liked them.
Here is my ranking of favorite to least favorite:
1. THE READER--Stephen Daldry
2. THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON--David Fincher
3. MILK--GUS VAN SANT
4. SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE--Danny Boyle
5. FROST/NIXON--Ron Howard
For me, when I say "the order order in which I liked them," that is really synonymous with me saying, "the order in which they affected me." So, no, I don't think the Academy will give Best Picture to THE READER, but, of the five, it is the one that emotionally moved me the most.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

What is you prediction on the actual winner then?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Doah said...

If I was forced to make a guess at what the Academy will give the award to, I would say it will be SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home