Friday, April 18, 2008

Danny's Gone

E Street Band member, Danny Federici, died yesterday. There's nothing I could write here that so-called "normal" people--those who never experienced what I experienced at a BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND show--could understand. The E Street Band is not just a group, it's a brotherhood. We who attend are not concert-goers, we are a community, Danny wasn't just playing rock 'n' roll, he was part of a spiritual movement.
Thank God both of my sons were able to see the full E Street Band with Danny on keyboards last October. It's a night we will never forget. "Phantom Dan" was the man! It was just last November that I posted Godspeed Danny. I was in denial that he would be back in the band full-time. This sucks. My heart is heavy.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, a major bummer. Anytime a guy can make an accordion work in rock n' roll -he's good! Was he there when we saw them at Dodger Stadium?
- The Uncool

11:21 AM  
Blogger Doah said...

To the Uncool: Yes indeed James, Danny was playing the entire night we saw him at Dodger Stadium in 2003. I particularly remember his work in "My City of Ruins" because when that song ended you said, "That might have been the best song of the night." Struck me as funny because there were no guitar solos--ha! My friend, you saw the ENTIRE E Street Band that night. I loved that show!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer. He was an important part of one of the tightest bands around.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the way we have reacted to this has been surprising. we being springsteen fans. and it shows how unique the e street community is. you said it well doah.

-rocco

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home